SOG S2 Trident Bowie
Here's the “second” ever knife that SOG produced! One of those good old SOG knife models. Building on its branding with the US Special Forces, SOG produced the 'Trident' knife in honor of the US Navy SEALs. This knife bears a striking resemblance to the original S1 Bowie, except that it uses a different blade steel and stacked micarta washers for the handle - a very much modern make-over of the S1 Bowie. The Navy SEAL emblem can be found engraved on the right side of the blade.
The Seki-Japan made SOG Tridents have been discontinued, but a similar version is currently being produced in Taiwan (renamed as 'Trident 2.0'), along with the majority of SOG's fixed blades.
- Blade Length: 6.25 in. x .280 in.
- Overall length: 10.75 in.
- Blade Steel: AUS-8 Stainless Steel (earlier versions have 440C steel)
- Blade hardness: Rc. 57-58
- Blade Finish: Satin-polished
- Weight: 12.3 oz.
- Edge: Plain
- Carry System: Leather Sheath w/ sharpening stone (earlier versions have condura or nylon sheaths)
- Handle Material: Stacked Micarta washers
- Knife Type: Fixed Blade
- Country of origin: Japan
- Part #: S2
"Information taken from: http://www.sogknivescollectors.com"
This S2 Bowie is in great shape without signs of being used only minor handling marks. It came in a SOG box for the S1 but this is the S2 Trident Bowie made in Seki, Japan. Judge the condition for yourself from the photos
Available Knives SOG Knives