UCO Stormproof matches $4
Fire up the grill, light your lantern or start a campfire, no matter the weather. UCO Stormproof Matches light up quickly and consistently in driving rain, heavy winds and falling snow—and will relight even after being submerged in water. Each box includes 25 matches that burn for up to 15 seconds each, plus extra strikers. That totals over 6 minutes/box worth of constant, reliable fire for your backpack, emergency kit or glove box. Pack fire, travel well.
- Burn Time (up to): 15 seconds
- Length: 2.75" (7 cm)
- Weight (single pack): 0.8 oz. (22 g)
CAUTION: For outdoor use by adults only. Carefully monitor lit matches until completely burned. Store extra strikers in protective sleeves after use to keep dry. Store matches separately from strikers to prevent accidental ignition.
For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
Strike away from the body or in a downwards position. Be careful of bystanders.
- Be careful when striking the match since sparks can fly off the igniting head.
- After using the match, run it in water to be certain that it will not light anything else on fire.
- See more at: http://ucogear.com/stormproof-matches.html#sthash.fTSGFNbt.dpuf
These are the UCO Stormproof Matches not unlike the REI Matches. Tested in virtually the same manner, we found that they perform in exactly the same fashion. There is little difference in price and quality. However, UCO offers a waterproof case that also comes with 25 matches in both yellow and olive drab.
UCO Stormproof...These are the UCO Stormproof Matches not unlike the REI Matche...